Tablet PC, iPad, Notebook & Multi-Touch News, Reviews,Comparisons, Software and Accessories
HP Brings Style, Performance and Portability to Notebook PCs
HP Announces EliteBook 2760p Tablet PC
HP today expanded its notebook PC line with products and services that provide an optimal combination of sleek style, ultra-portability and high performance to deliver an outstanding mobile experience.
The company also launched HP DataPass,(1) a pre-paid 3G mobile broadband service available in the United States across HP’s business notebook lineup, and expanded HP Beats™ Audio technology to a business notebook and consumer Mini PC.
HP furthered its “FORGE” business notebook design framework with the HP ProBook m-series and HP EliteBook p-series models and built upon its “MUSE” consumer notebook design philosophy with the HP Mini 210, HP Pavilion dv4 and HP ENVY 14.
New products and services include:
Designed for savvy business professionals who value style, performance and affordability, the HP ProBook 5330m measures less than 1-inch thick, weighs 3.9 pound(2) and sports a 13.3-inch diagonal HD screen(3) for exceptional portability. It also includes a backlit keyboard, making it easier to type in low-light environments
The new ProBook is powered by the latest second-generation Intel Core™ i5 and i3 dual-core processors(5) and includes the HP Fingerprint Sensor and TPM for enhanced hardware-based data security. Optional Intel vPro technology(6) helps deliver cost savings and improves security and remote manageability.
HP EliteBook 2560p and 2760p – light, powerful and travel-ready
The HP EliteBook 2560p sports a thin, clamshell design with a lightweight 12.5-inch diagonal LED-backlit HD,(3) 16-inch x 9-inch display, and an integrated optical drive for added on-the-go convenience. Offering the same functionality as a conventional business notebook along with the flexibility of a writing tablet, the 12.1-inch diagonal HP EliteBook 2760p allows for pen use or finger touch.
Both EliteBook models offer second-generation Intel Core i7 or i5 dual-core processors,(5) Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0(7) and vPro technology.(6) They also feature full-size 7,200 RPM hard disk drives(8) and solid-state drives (SSDs) for longer battery run time, increased durability and quieter, cooler operation.
HP Mini 210 – stylish, on-the-go computing
With the addition of Beats Audio, the redesigned HP Mini 210 is the ultimate companion PC, offering high-quality entertainment plus productivity while on the go. Weighing under 3 pounds(2) and measuring less than 1-inch thin, the stylish HP Mini 210 delivers up to 9.5 hours of computing.(9)
The new Mini 210 design provides a modern, streamlined aesthetic with a sleek upswept back and is available in five colors – sweet purple, charcoal, crimson red, luminous rose and ocean drive.
The Mini 210 also features HP QuickWeb 3.0,(4) allowing users to be more productive by connecting to the web within seconds of powering the mini. QuickWeb 3.0 includes a customizable widget dashboard and syncs to Windows® bookmarks. Users can chat with friends on Skype, update Facebook posts or tweets, and view their social calendars all in one place.(1)
Innovative technologies for enhanced consumer experiences
The sleek, full-performance HP Pavilion dv4 features improved HP CoolSense technology that includes a simplified user interface of on, off and auto. CoolSense uses advanced hardware and intelligent software for a notebook that feels noticeably cooler. Weighing under 5 pounds,(2) the dv4 boasts a 14-inch diagonal HD LED BrightView screen(3) and comes in two HP Imprint colors – espresso black and pacific blue.
Also featuring HP CoolSense technology is the award-winning HP ENVY 14 notebook PC. Combining power, mobility and aesthetics, the ENVY 14 includes new second-generation Intel Core processors, USB 3.0 and a new HP imagepad that uses image sensor technology for advanced gesture support and more fluid control. The premium machine boasts a precision-etched metal alloy case with a 14.5-inch diagonal, HD BrightView Infinity LED display(3) for an eye-popping viewing experience and Beats Audio for fuller, more detailed sound.
Protecting personal information and simplifying password management is easy with HP SimplePass with One Time Password, now available on the HP Pavilion dm4, dv6 metal and dv7 metal notebook PCs. HP SimplePass helps prevent phishing fraud by providing unique “one-time” passwords that are linked to each individual user’s fingerprint. These one-time passwords, generated every 60 seconds, grant more secure access to websites that store financial information.(1)
Docking and display solutions for a customized workspace
The new HP 2560p Docking Station makes it easy for business professionals to maintain the connectivity and comfort of their notebook while working from a fixed station. The docking station offers four USB ports and eSATA, DisplayPort and VGA ports for added connectivity to peripherals and compatibility with an array of video devices.
HP’s slimmest business display to date, the HP Elite L2201x display easily connects to a notebook with a single DisplayPort connector. Its sleek easel stand design and external power supply free up limited desk space in smaller office cubicles and the brushed-metal finish matches HP’s EliteBook business notebooks. The HP Elite L2201x features a wafer-thin display panel measuring less than 0.4 inches thick and a 21.5-inch diagonal, LED backlit panel that eliminates the use of mercury and provides solid-state reliability.
Pricing and availability(10)
All products will be available in the United States.
More information about the products, including product specifications and images, is available at www.hp.com/personal.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure at the convergence of the cloud and connectivity, creating seamless, secure, context-aware experiences for a connected world. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Internet access required and sold separately.
(2) Weight will vary by configuration.
(3) HD content required to view HD images.
(4) HP QuickWeb is accessible when the notebook is off in Windows-based systems. Internet access is required. Timing may vary depending on the system configuration. To enable the feature following the removal of the battery, reboot the notebook prior to subsequent use.
(5) 64-bit computing on Intel architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers and applications enabled for Intel 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on hardware and software configurations. Additional information is available at www.intel.com/info/em64t. Multi Core is designed to improve performance of multithreaded software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
(6) Some functionality of Intel vPro, such as Intel Active management technology and Intel Virtualization technology, requires additional third-party software in order to run. Availability of future “virtual appliances” applications for vPro technologies is dependent on third-party software providers. Compatibility with future “virtual appliances,” Microsoft Windows Vista® and Windows 7 operating systems is yet to be determined.
(7) Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology requires a PC with a processor with Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 capability. Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 performance varies depending on hardware, software and overall system configuration. Additional information is available at www.intel.com/technology/turboboost for more information.
(8) For hard drives, 1 GB = 1 billion bytes. Up to 10 GB (for Vista) or 15 GB (for Windows 7) of system disk is reserved for the system recovery software.
(9) Battery life will vary depending on the product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. Additional details are available at MobileMark07 battery benchmark: www.bapco.com/products/mobilemark2007.
(10) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
Intel and Intel Core are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. Windows and Windows Vista are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the achievement of expected operational and financial results; and other risks that are described in HP’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended January 31, 2011 and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2010. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2011 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Copyright © 2011 Blue Thunder